Copyright (c) 2021
The MIT License (MIT)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
Bugs (20 reported) Help make this item even better. Your bug reports are appreciated!Click here to report a bug
Some lagging with complex UV shells
I've encountered some problems using the NSUV 2.1 and 2.1.1, exactly the same as described by Enfy in Polycount thread.
In short - with more complex geometry NSUV starts to lag with simple operations like Move UVs (using the Translate Tool). Happens in NSUV 2.1 and 2.1.1, not happens in 2.0.10.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a sphere primitive and give it 50 subdivisions in axis and height.
2) Open NSUV, go into UV selection mode, double-click any uv on the shell to select the entire shell
3) Try to use Move Tool immediately after selecting the shell. There should be a lag of a few seconds before the shell could be actually moved.
4) Increase in complexity of geometry will cause a matching increase in lag duration.
I have a theory that this may be somehow related to changes made in newer NSUV on how UV sets are handled. I've noticed that there is a similar lag when you have some UVs selected and try to access the UV Sets menu in top toolbar of NSUV - you can try this with the same sphere as described above.
And one more issue to report. It happens in all recent versions of NSUV I've tried. The Unfold command accessed through the NSUV interface for some reason tooks much longer to perform compared to Unfold launched from the Maya's interface.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a sphere as above and select some of it's UVs.
2) Hit the "Unfold the Selected UVs along U Only" button. There should be a lag of a few second before the operations finishes.
3) Try to perform the same operation through Maya's UI by selecting the Unfold command and executing it in Legacy mode with constraint set to Horizontal. It should happen almost instantly, with no noticeable lag.
Post a comment:
Report a bug
Nightshade UV Editor Pro for Maya 2.1.3 (maya script)
Nightshade Blockout Pro for Maya 1.1.0 (maya script)
Nightshade Connect for Maya 1.1.0 (maya script)
UV Texture Editor Tools Ur-edition for Maya 2.1.2 (maya script)
Attr Editor for Maya 1.3.0 (maya script)
Maxya (Maya MEL Script Editor) for Maya 5.2.0 (maya plugin)