All Highend3D members are required to abide by the following code of conduct. All members are expected to behave with common sense and decency, just as you would in a face-to-face situation. Any inappropriate or offensive content will be deleted, and offenders may be banned.
This code of conduct covers all content posted by users on the Highend3D Website(s); this includes forum postings, private messages, signature files, user-created Web sites, and user-created movies.
More detailed rules are posted below. Obviously, these cannot cover every possible circumstance or eventuality, so CC Marketplace / The Lumis Network and its licensee, reserve the right to amend the code of conduct, and/or take any action it deems appropriate at its sole discretion, without notice.
Please report any member whom you feel to be in violation of this code of conduct to the Forum Operators.
1. General attitude
- The purpose of the website and forums is to allow users to help and support each other.
- Always display a positive, friendly attitude.
- Contribute to the community. If you find help or answers, try to help someone else out in return.
- Be respectful of the opinions of others, and allow others to voice their opinions.
- Do not deliberately start arguments. Debate is encouraged, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
- Give people time to respond to your requests or comments. These forums can get very busy, and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.
- Remember that we were all new to Highend3D and 3d, visual effects, once upon a time. Be nice to the newcomers.
- Remember that we have members from many different countries and cultures, and members of many different ages, and be appropriately tolerant. Some users may have English as a second or third language, so may have difficulty expressing themselves in English.
- Never, ever, make threats or implied threats towards other members.
- Use your common sense. Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.
- Members of the Highend3D community may also be members of other Web communities or use other products. Do not degrade or discredit other communities or products.
2. Posting Content
- Do not post pornographic or sexually explicit content. Be advised that we report any instances of child exploitation.
- Do not post content showing inappropriate content such as animal abuse, drug abuse, or bomb making.
- Respect copyright. Only upload content containing content that you made or that you have obtained the rights to use. This includes content such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users. Remember that with Highend3D, you are considered the owner of any output you create.
- Avoid spam tactics to increase views, such as creating misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails.
3. Inappropriate behavior
- Do not impersonate anyone whom you are not. Identity theft is illegal.
- Do not post offensive material: this includes (but is not limited to) threats, harassment, bullying, swearing, libel, racial or religious hatred, deliberate insults or name-calling, or other negative remarks about Highend3D, the Forum Operators, or your fellow members.
- Do not post links to pornographic or sexually explicit content. This includes drug abuse, gambling and links to sites containing such content.
- If you post links to sites or movies that may have adult themes, provide an appropriate warning, for example: "WARNING: contains content that may be unsuitable for some people."
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. However, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- We do not tolerate predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members' personal information. Infringements may lead to a permanent ban from the Highend3D website.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them; just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. Violations of the Terms of Service may result in a warning notification or may result in termination of your account and deletion of all your content. We decide whether we believe your violation of our Terms of Service should result in termination of your account. If you have an account terminated you are prohibited from ever signing up for another account!
Spam and commercial usage
- Do not use the Highend3D community for the purpose of 'spam' or excessive advertisements! This includes direct emails to other members.
- Please refrain from posting press releases or other commercial material in undesignated sections, unless you have been given permission in advance from the Highend3D moderators or administrators..
- Marketing surveys are not allowed, unless you have been given permission in advance from Highend3D moderators or administrators.
- Do not post other people's email addresses or other personal details without their permission. Email addresses should generally be posted as <person(at)somewhere.com> to prevent data harvesting.
Rules for posting
- Do not post the same topic in multiple forums. If you are unsure of which forum a thread should go under, just state that in your post, and a moderator will move the thread to the correct forum. Multiple posts are unnecessary and will be deleted.
- Do not post the same question multiple times in multiple threads in the same forum. If no one responds to your question or request, just post a reply to the same message thread again after a suitable period to bring the message to the top of the list.
- Signatures should be no more than three lines.
- Do not post messages in all caps or in excessively large fonts as this is considered to be "shouting".
4. Response to abuse
If you feel that someone is behaving inappropriately, you may be best off ignoring them. You may find that once tempers have cooled, things aren't as bad as they seemed. A mild rebuke may at times be sufficient and appropriate to stop a situation getting out of hand, but do not allow yourself to get into a slanging match or an argument, and do not set yourself up as a moderator if you are not.
If the situation becomes, or threatens to become out of control, please tell a moderator.
If the Highend3D moderators or administrators believe that abuse is taking place, the normal response pattern will be:
1st Offense. Message from a Highend3D moderators or administrators pointing out the site Rules, in addition to the editing or deletion of the content
2nd Offense. Public warning plus deletion of content
3rd Offense. The Highend3D moderators or administrators may ban the user from the Highend3D website.
Depending on the situation, the Highend3D moderators or administrators may bypass any and all of these steps and take whatever action is deemed appropriate, including passing information to the appropriate legal authorities. The Highend3D moderators or administrators will co-operate with authorities if so demanded by law.
5. Your Safety
The Highend3D Website is NOT for people under the age of 14.
Highend3D Limited employees will never ask you for your password, email address, or other account information. Do not be misled if you are contacted by someone pretending to be from Highend3D Limited.
Whether cyberbullying, a flame war, or just a mean attitude, comments can occasionally be pretty hurtful. If a comment is posted against your video that bothers you, you can always hide the comment by using the 'Hide comment' link beside the specific comment.
If you come across a video with inappropriate, click the link to "report" it as inappropriate or spam and submit the form on the next page. This will subject it to direct review and potential removal by the Highend3D staff.
The Highend3D Website has very many viewers every day, and just like in the real world most of the people are good, but some are not. Please take care to protect yourself and other users by keeping your personal videos private, your personal identity a secret, and your comments clean.
6. Highend3D encourages Community
This is your community. All users of the Highend3D Website makes the site what it is, so please get involved.
- Use the experience of the community. Highend3D users have a wealth of knowledge and experience beyond that of Highend3D itself, so feel free to ask questions on any subject.
- Just as others will tell you what they think, let's hear your thoughts too. Share opinions, stories and ideas.
- Highend3D was created for collaboration, and the site offers users the perfect place to organise group activities, and to share technical and artistic capabilities and Highend3D assets within group projects.
That's all; have fun on our website and welcome to the Highend3D community!
The Highend3D team