Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This tool allows to orient the selected joint or the hierarchy according to the selected options (Aim, Up, World Up, etc.)
- Orient selected joint or the whole joint hierarchy.
- Can select the Aim, Up and World Up axis. (Can check to auto guess the World Up vector).
- Orient the selected joint or joints with World Orientation.
- Orient the joint as another selected object.
- Manual tweak on the three axis.
- Show or hide the Local Rotation Axis on the selected joint or the whole joint hierarchy.
Works fine on the latest version of Maya. Tested on 2009, 2010 and 2011. The interface had to be tweaked in order for a correct display on Maya 2011, so in the older versions it will look a little bit weird.